Friday, December 23, 2011

Why fast?

There are many reason that individual people fast.
For me, currently there are two:
# 1) To seek to move the hand of God
Please let me explain . .
a) God is sovereign - He is the boss, He does what He wants
We cannot make Him do anything (Though He is quite willing to be held to His precious promises)
b) When I do something for God, I seek confirmation in His Word
- This time we move in faith - Hebrews 11:6
- Trusting that it is His will to further His Kingdom - Matthew 28:19-20,
- and that He will honor the prayers of the righteous - James 5: 16-18
whoa, wait a minute - a "righteous man" - me? Well, with the imputed righteousness of Christ credited to my account - who could be more righteous?
We are asking God to remove obstacles that restrain His work here. It is a negative evil stronghold, that involves human issues related to pride & selfishness, Lordship & Ownership. The usual culprits (but when emanating from leadership - so very many individuals are impacted)
An individual, like me, must also self-examine to see if the same issues are active within myself as well.

# 2) To realize the complete control of God within me personally
a) My human emotions have been so thoroughly stirred as to consider violence, but
b) "the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God" and the
c) Wisdom from above is not evil & destructive, but pure , peaceable and gentle (James 3: 13-18)

Fasting makes a person weak
a) temptations have less pull, b) Diversions have less of a draw upon us,
c) there is more time to focus, d) God, prayer, and His will and control become easier

But why Christmas-time? . . . . Why not?

Will you join with us in prayer for victory - for the glory of God?
MERRY CHRISTMAS

2 comments:

  1. I'll be praying alongside with you! "No power of hell, no scheme of man, can ever pluck me from His hand, till He returns or calls me home...here in the power of Christ I stand!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty lights! Fasting, eh? haven't done that in a while, although, i think under my circumstances I have to learn to feed myself better. =0P I miss you! Thank you for the birthday wishes. I have lots to tell you about my birthday. Continuing in prayer for you and mom!

    ReplyDelete